Fidget Bracelet

Another chance for me to show my process:

I noticed a trend on Etsy of Fidget cuffs/bracelets and noticed a few ways I could make my own attempts. I had my test subject guinea pigs I mean, children, help me out.


My son tried v1.0. My daughter got v2.0. My nephew got v.3.0.

With each iteration I improved based on my observations and their feedback. I got to v4.0 which came back around once again to my son.


One final correction of my own choosing was changing my stitching so it was neater and voila! V4.1 passed the multitude of sensory, adhd and autism tests those three provided and my own tests.







With 5 buttons of customization my version was tested to fit from a 5 year old (Kindergarten) all the way up to an adult sized wrist. The sleek look allows it to go unnoticed and less chance of being a distraction. With 5 different styles of fidgeting everyone should be able to find something that helps that need to move. Best of all though, is each of the sensory objects are also designed to be quiet enough to not distract the other students if worn to school!

Honestly, it may have been a long process to get from concept to finished product but having kids that have these issues I understand the struggle to help them moderate their behaviors in school so they can be productive and not distract others.


Comments

Popular Posts